More Articles for State DOT
The projected insolvency of the Highway Trust Fund is inching closer (it’s expected to run out of money next month), and the U.S. Department of Transportation is has been trying to prepare state DOTs. In its latest preparation effort, the U.S. ...
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ (AASHTO) Subcommittee on Transportation is seeking nominations for its annual Skills Contest, AASHTO Journal reports. The contest recognizes public-relations practitioners in state departments of transportation while allowing for an exchange of ideas. To ...
The trend is now firmly established. It's real. State DOTs are not simply considering ways to get by with insufficient funds but making practical decisions that change the way they do their jobs. This today from the Laramie, Wyo., Boomerang: “Essentially, we ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident917 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?559 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds555 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side503 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes453 Views