More Articles for South Dakota DOT
Preserving the Unpaved Road ‘Gravel,’ stone-surfaced and dirt road preservation helped by new techniques, guidelines, RAP By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor If you don’t drive them often, it’s easy to overlook unpaved roads. After all, they carry significantly less traffic than rigid or ...
What About Overlays? Agencies looking for dollar value balanced with road quality are looking at concrete overlays By Daniel C. Brown More than ever before, state departments of transportation (DOTs) and other roadbuilding agencies are choosing concrete overlays as a way to rehabilitate ...
The State of Your Bridges Our exclusive survey of bridge conditions in the United States By Tina Grady Barbaccia It’s a case of good news/bad news. Better Roads’ 2010 Annual Bridge Inventory reveals that fewer of the country’s bridges are considered structurally deficient (SD) ...
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series855 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?499 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group357 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines186 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views