More Articles for soil compaction
A system that allows detection of thermal segregation in the asphalt mat, in real time, and records a thermal profile is now being used by some state Departments of Transportation. The reason is to eliminate inconsistent densities because freshly paved ...
Atlas Copco has introduced its CA1300 and CA1500 single-drum soil rollers for high maneuverability and visibility on parking lot, road, utility pipe and street projects. The new CA1500 roller features Atlas Copco’s exclusive Active Bouncing Control (ABC), a cross-mounted Tier ...
Intelligent compaction – matched with more productive operational control systems – is revolutionizing the commonplace world of dirt rolling. Yesterday’s slow-but-steady soil compactor now communicates with satellites, logs performance, saves fuel, pollutes less and is more productive. It’s all done natively, ...
Bomag has introduced a new line of vibratory tampers, which have low operating weights and can perform compaction jobs. The vibratory tampers can be used for highway patching in which a roller would be too large or for soil or backfill ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes547 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views