More Articles for snow clearing
Imagine clearing the roads in the thick of winter. The weather produces whiteout conditions and there is no visibility, yet your crew is able to safely remove snow and allow people, goods and services to begin moving again. That may soon ...
West Des Moines, Iowa, has implemented new technology and boosted its training efforts throughout the past few years to radically reduce the amount of deicer materials required to achieve desired and expected levels of service through use of advanced spreader ...
Although I’m betting most of us are happy to see the crazy winter weather have gone away (it snowed into mid-April in the Chicago area!), when you get winter maintenance folks and snowfighters together, you have to have a celebration ...
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is putting plenty of hours and resources into snow and ice control on state roads. VDOT crews are working 12-hour shifts and using 2,000 pieces of snow removal equipment to clear roads during the most ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views