More Articles for snow clearing
Imagine clearing the roads in the thick of winter. The weather produces whiteout conditions and there is no visibility, yet your crew is able to safely remove snow and allow people, goods and services to begin moving again. That may soon ...
West Des Moines, Iowa, has implemented new technology and boosted its training efforts throughout the past few years to radically reduce the amount of deicer materials required to achieve desired and expected levels of service through use of advanced spreader ...
Although I’m betting most of us are happy to see the crazy winter weather have gone away (it snowed into mid-April in the Chicago area!), when you get winter maintenance folks and snowfighters together, you have to have a celebration ...
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is putting plenty of hours and resources into snow and ice control on state roads. VDOT crews are working 12-hour shifts and using 2,000 pieces of snow removal equipment to clear roads during the most ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]844 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths743 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers625 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong548 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road474 Views