More Articles for Smart Growth America
Repair Priorities 2014: States annually spend $20.4 billion for new road construction, $16.5 billion for road repairs
State departments of transportation (DOTs) spend more each year on new road construction than on road repairs, according to a new report from Smart Growth America and Taxpayers for Common Sense. The report, “Repair Priorities 2014,” notes that between 2009 and ...
Buy New or Used? A new report on the repair/maintain/expand debate By John Latta A new report argues that spending decisions made at a state level are causing road conditions to get worse in parts of the country. The report was produced by Smart ...
Poll - Americans Back Expanding Rail, Buses Over Highways – By Audrey Dutton, Washington Bureau, The Bond Buyer newspaper Americans, even in rural areas, overwhelmingly favor expanding public transportation such as rail or bus transit rather than highway construction, which traditionally has ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong847 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views