More Articles for Smart Growth America
Repair Priorities 2014: States annually spend $20.4 billion for new road construction, $16.5 billion for road repairs
State departments of transportation (DOTs) spend more each year on new road construction than on road repairs, according to a new report from Smart Growth America and Taxpayers for Common Sense. The report, “Repair Priorities 2014,” notes that between 2009 and ...
Buy New or Used? A new report on the repair/maintain/expand debate By John Latta A new report argues that spending decisions made at a state level are causing road conditions to get worse in parts of the country. The report was produced by Smart ...
Poll - Americans Back Expanding Rail, Buses Over Highways – By Audrey Dutton, Washington Bureau, The Bond Buyer newspaper Americans, even in rural areas, overwhelmingly favor expanding public transportation such as rail or bus transit rather than highway construction, which traditionally has ...
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier259 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver259 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase127 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker122 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative105 Views