More Articles for Smart Growth America
Repair Priorities 2014: States annually spend $20.4 billion for new road construction, $16.5 billion for road repairs
State departments of transportation (DOTs) spend more each year on new road construction than on road repairs, according to a new report from Smart Growth America and Taxpayers for Common Sense. The report, “Repair Priorities 2014,” notes that between 2009 and ...
Buy New or Used? A new report on the repair/maintain/expand debate By John Latta A new report argues that spending decisions made at a state level are causing road conditions to get worse in parts of the country. The report was produced by Smart ...
Poll - Americans Back Expanding Rail, Buses Over Highways – By Audrey Dutton, Washington Bureau, The Bond Buyer newspaper Americans, even in rural areas, overwhelmingly favor expanding public transportation such as rail or bus transit rather than highway construction, which traditionally has ...
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles974 Views
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident965 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse737 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments305 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?275 Views