More Articles for skid resistance
Diamond grooving and grinding are being used to restore rough or polished concrete pavements to ultrasmooth conditions and quell noise – but at a price. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Diamond grooving and grinding of aging portland cement concrete (PCC) pavement renews ...
The Same ... But Different Diamond Grinding vs. Micromilling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Diamond grinding of Portland cement concrete pavements and micromilling of bituminous asphalt pavements are superficially similar in concept, but that’s just about the only thing they have in common. Diamond ...
Gaining influence in 2011 By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor There are big changes on the way for a number of existing infrastructure technologies and practices, and they will significantly influence the highway and bridge communities in 2011. In the coming year, new research, ...
Thin lift hot-mix asphalt overlays are securing their place in the ‘pavement preservation toolbox’ touted by the Federal Highway Administration, the Foundation for Pavement Preservation, and other groups. And while they are more expensive in initial costs than other proven pavement ...
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system422 Views
- Driver Beware: America's 5 most haunted roads216 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass206 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Ray LaHood: 'We need a big pot of money' to fix America’s roads and bridges150 Views