More Articles for sequestration
Construction professionals have begun lobbying Congress to spare their projects from the sequester cuts that took effect March 1, the New York Times reported. Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) has flooded Congress with emails and letters to protest the hundreds ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood released a statement on Feb. 22 with his thoughts on what sequestration will mean for the nation and for transportation. For the official statement, go to http://www.dot.gov/briefing-room/statement-sequestration-us-transportation-secretary-ray-lahood-22-february-2013.) LaHood says in the statement that “sequestration will have a ...
Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome back, Simpson and Bowles! Alan Simpson, a Republican and Democrat Erskine Bowles have come up with a new deficit reduction plan. You will recall that the duo were co-chairs of the White House's 2010 deficit-reduction panel, which ...
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views