More Articles for sequestration
Construction professionals have begun lobbying Congress to spare their projects from the sequester cuts that took effect March 1, the New York Times reported. Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) has flooded Congress with emails and letters to protest the hundreds ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood released a statement on Feb. 22 with his thoughts on what sequestration will mean for the nation and for transportation. For the official statement, go to http://www.dot.gov/briefing-room/statement-sequestration-us-transportation-secretary-ray-lahood-22-february-2013.) LaHood says in the statement that “sequestration will have a ...
Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome back, Simpson and Bowles! Alan Simpson, a Republican and Democrat Erskine Bowles have come up with a new deficit reduction plan. You will recall that the duo were co-chairs of the White House's 2010 deficit-reduction panel, which ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group154 Views