More Articles for Sellwood Bridge
Engineers in Portland, Oregon, had to get creative when they needed to replace the Sellwood Bridge. Cracks had begun to appear in the support beams of the 100-year-old bridge, and, as our sister site, Equipment World, reported, the structure's unique design ...
Big, heavy, Oregon bridge makes an innovative move By John Latta, firstname.lastname@example.org You jack it up, you slide it. Simple. But the Sellwood Bridge is not small. It is 1,100 feet long (a continuous structure) and 3,400 tons. The two-lane Oregon bridge was jacked ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?503 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group350 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines164 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views
- Komatsu rolls out new ‘innovative, intelligent, integrated’ hydraulic excavators, dozers and an articulated dump truck, many Tier 4 Final153 Views