More Articles for self-anchored suspension
A bike and pedestrian path on the East span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge opened to the public Tuesday, just one day after the span opened vehicle traffic, according to a report from San Francisco’s ABC7. The 15.5-foot path features ...
Despite an announcement earlier this summer that the East Span of San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge would not open as scheduled on Labor Day, the $6.4 billion span began carrying drivers late Monday night, according to a report from The Sacramento ...
In California, crews have been working for more than 10 years to construct the largest self-anchored suspension (SAS) bridge in the world, and Wired has shared some close-up photos of the project, thanks to photographer Joseph Blum, who has seen ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)1915 Views
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1165 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1150 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project511 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?367 Views