More Articles for self-anchored suspension (SAS) structure
Despite an announcement earlier this summer that the East Span of San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge would not open as scheduled on Labor Day, the $6.4 billion span began carrying drivers late Monday night, according to a report from The Sacramento ...
In California, crews have been working for more than 10 years to construct the largest self-anchored suspension (SAS) bridge in the world, and Wired has shared some close-up photos of the project, thanks to photographer Joseph Blum, who has seen ...
This article was contributed by Quikrete. The historic San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge is a vital artery for the 280,000 vehicles traveling between the two major California cities daily. However, by 2008, after seven decades of wear and tear, government officials ...
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1053 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1048 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse734 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones518 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?326 Views