More Articles for self-anchored suspension (SAS) structure
Despite an announcement earlier this summer that the East Span of San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge would not open as scheduled on Labor Day, the $6.4 billion span began carrying drivers late Monday night, according to a report from The Sacramento ...
In California, crews have been working for more than 10 years to construct the largest self-anchored suspension (SAS) bridge in the world, and Wired has shared some close-up photos of the project, thanks to photographer Joseph Blum, who has seen ...
This article was contributed by Quikrete. The historic San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge is a vital artery for the 280,000 vehicles traveling between the two major California cities daily. However, by 2008, after seven decades of wear and tear, government officials ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views