More Articles for self-anchored suspension (SAS) structure
Despite an announcement earlier this summer that the East Span of San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge would not open as scheduled on Labor Day, the $6.4 billion span began carrying drivers late Monday night, according to a report from The Sacramento ...
In California, crews have been working for more than 10 years to construct the largest self-anchored suspension (SAS) bridge in the world, and Wired has shared some close-up photos of the project, thanks to photographer Joseph Blum, who has seen ...
This article was contributed by Quikrete. The historic San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge is a vital artery for the 280,000 vehicles traveling between the two major California cities daily. However, by 2008, after seven decades of wear and tear, government officials ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]793 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths738 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road479 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus418 Views