More Articles for rutting
The incursion of warm-mix asphalt (WMA) into the nation’s bituminous pavements continues unabated. The latest National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)/Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) survey of asphalt producers’ use of recycled materials and warm-mix asphalt find that nearly a quarter of all ...
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
Thin lift hot-mix asphalt overlays are securing their place in the ‘pavement preservation toolbox’ touted by the Federal Highway Administration, the Foundation for Pavement Preservation, and other groups. And while they are more expensive in initial costs than other proven pavement ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident948 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side531 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views