More Articles for rutting
The incursion of warm-mix asphalt (WMA) into the nation’s bituminous pavements continues unabated. The latest National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)/Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) survey of asphalt producers’ use of recycled materials and warm-mix asphalt find that nearly a quarter of all ...
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
Thin lift hot-mix asphalt overlays are securing their place in the ‘pavement preservation toolbox’ touted by the Federal Highway Administration, the Foundation for Pavement Preservation, and other groups. And while they are more expensive in initial costs than other proven pavement ...
- Interstate tolling gains new enemy in big-business group674 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency397 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill391 Views
- From a Job Interview: Hire Me, But Make It Easy336 Views