More Articles for rutting
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
Thin lift hot-mix asphalt overlays are securing their place in the ‘pavement preservation toolbox’ touted by the Federal Highway Administration, the Foundation for Pavement Preservation, and other groups. And while they are more expensive in initial costs than other proven pavement ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?413 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges192 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants172 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views