More Articles for rubber asphalt
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
Science Friction Thin Open-Graded Surfacings Drive Market By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Now, more than ever, thin open-graded friction courses (OGFCs) are driving the market for drainable, high-friction, noise-attenuating asphalt mixes. This new generation of OGFCs is being bolstered by the advent of high-performance ...
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency545 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River476 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill392 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs391 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update321 Views