More Articles for Rhode Island
Ever wonder what state has the worst roads and bridges in the nation? A new “It’s Time to Rebuild America” report from the White House gives that unfortunate title to Rhode Island. The report claims that 41 percent of Rhode Island’s ...
Rhode Island will have a dedicated transportation fund starting next month. The state’s House Finance Committee on Thursday night approved a plan to create a $28 million transportation infrastructure fund by diverting money from the state’s general fund starting July 1, ...
A proposed bill to raise transportation for Rhode Island’s highways and infrastructure would also ban tolls on some bridges. The proposed legislation would raise more than $1 billion over the next 10 years, with those funds going to state transportation, WLNE ...
Just four months after unveiling the America’s Marine Highway Program, a new initiative to move more cargo on the water rather than on crowded highways, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood announced on Aug. 11 his selection of marine highway corridors ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident933 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?564 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds559 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side514 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes456 Views