More Articles for public safety
Congress could allocate $44 million in federal transportation funds to Golden Gate Bridge suicide barrier
The Golden Gate Bridge may soon feature a suicide barrier funded in part by federal transportation dollars. Members of the bridge board last week requested $11 million from the California Legislature for the $66 million project, the Contra Costa Times reports. The ...
Adopt-A-Highway volunteers in Missouri are seeing an increase in the amount of dangerous discarded materials on roadsides, CBS St. Louis reported. Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) District Maintenance Engineer Becky Allmeroth said the volunteers have seen more guns, cell phones and ...
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1584 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1022 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets993 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway742 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?635 Views