More Articles for public safety
Congress could allocate $44 million in federal transportation funds to Golden Gate Bridge suicide barrier
The Golden Gate Bridge may soon feature a suicide barrier funded in part by federal transportation dollars. Members of the bridge board last week requested $11 million from the California Legislature for the $66 million project, the Contra Costa Times reports. The ...
Adopt-A-Highway volunteers in Missouri are seeing an increase in the amount of dangerous discarded materials on roadsides, CBS St. Louis reported. Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) District Maintenance Engineer Becky Allmeroth said the volunteers have seen more guns, cell phones and ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident970 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles924 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse712 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side555 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments303 Views