More Articles for public safety
Congress could allocate $44 million in federal transportation funds to Golden Gate Bridge suicide barrier
The Golden Gate Bridge may soon feature a suicide barrier funded in part by federal transportation dollars. Members of the bridge board last week requested $11 million from the California Legislature for the $66 million project, the Contra Costa Times reports. The ...
Adopt-A-Highway volunteers in Missouri are seeing an increase in the amount of dangerous discarded materials on roadsides, CBS St. Louis reported. Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) District Maintenance Engineer Becky Allmeroth said the volunteers have seen more guns, cell phones and ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts540 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse409 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster91 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers79 Views
- Deteriorating roads cost Michigan drivers nearly $4 billion annually78 Views