More Articles for Profilometer Testing on Chicago’s I-290: Stone matrix asphalt overlay vs. conventional diamond grinding
Diamond grooving and grinding are being used to restore rough or polished concrete pavements to ultrasmooth conditions and quell noise – but at a price. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Diamond grooving and grinding of aging portland cement concrete (PCC) pavement renews ...
Profilometer Testing on Chicago's I-290: Stone matrix asphalt overlay vs. conventional diamond grinding
In September 2011, Ames Engineering of Ames, Iowa conducted profile testing of three lanes of I-290 between Austin Blvd. and Sacramento Blvd. in both directions. Previously, in 2010, this section of roadway had both a Stone Matrix Asphalt (SMA) overlay ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong861 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views