More Articles for polymer
A formula for greenbacks and green roads When it comes to mix-design optimization, two goals stand out: dollars to be saved and how sustainable a road you can build. This means doing your homework and understanding calculations in mix design, explains ...
Whispering Asphalt OGFCs cut spray and can be very, very quiet. For several years, a number of states have placed open-graded friction courses (OGFCs) as a wearing course on their high-volume, high-speed roadways. An OGFC is a thin, permeable mix with high air ...
Spreading the Wealth Asphalt emulsions mix oil with water As pavement preservation techniques tighten their beachheads in state, county and municipal road agencies, new attention is focused on surface treatments, thin asphalt surfacings and the asphalt emulsions that make them possible. Asphalt emulsions ...
Those empty glass jars spaghetti sauce and bottles wine typically put in our recycle bins are getting a second life as a porous pavement system. Although it hasn't yet been indicated for highways, the porous pavement system--sold under the name FilterPave--used 100-percent post-consumer ...
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding556 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable412 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014339 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views