More Articles for polymer-modified binders
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
Asphalt a la Carte Modifiers Control Mix Performance Petroleum (literally, rock oil) is one of the most important gifts of the union of carbon and hydrogen. But instead of being a simple compound (like water), petroleum is a natural product, a complex ...
AASHTO’s TSP•2 Program Speeds Acceptance of Technologies, Materials A technology transfer program administered by the American Association of State Highway & Transportation Officials (AASHTO) is helping state departments of transportation expedite review of potentially promising new pavement and bridge technologies prior ...
Thin Asphalt Overlays Answer the Call New research, as well as past performance, proves their value Research from two separate field sites is proving the effectiveness of thin asphalt overlays under heavy traffic loadings. Meanwhile, thin asphalt overlays continue to succeed as a ...
- NJDOT worker faces 10 years in prison for stealing1098 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events698 Views
- Firearms to be used for road construction639 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes571 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up402 Views