More Articles for Peter B. King
The American Public Works Association (APWA) has announced the selection of 16 public works professionals who have been selected for the APWA Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA) Program for 2014-2015. The selected participants will engage in a year-long national Emerging Leaders ...
Inside the Highway and Bridge Industries Say What “The joke in our office is that we’ve become the department of maintenance because we don’t have any money to build new roads.” — Ananth Prasad, Florida’s secretary of transportation, on jacksonville.com Public works “Showtime” coming ...
Fixing a Hole A tiny Arkansas town gets ready for a flash flood Small towns can face the same big problems as big towns when it comes to stormwater infrastructure. This one faced an essential emergency culvert repair without a lot of ...
By John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson Easy as 1-2-3 A new report claims, not surprisingly, that the disrepair of our highway infrastructure is a result of insufficient maintenance, and this deficit “is in part due to a prioritization of ...
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!113 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201393 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views