More Articles for pavement thickness
How the use of stringless paving technology on the Utah I-15 Corridor Expansion Project saved time and money. By Tina Grady Barbaccia When placing concrete, staying within the determined lines is absolutely critical to achieving accurate pavement smoothness and thickness in the ...
Fatigue cracking usually links to inadequate road foundations By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Fatigue cracking in bituminous pavements is experienced by the public so often that it is considered just part of driving. Motorists endure it and assume it’s just part of ...
Infrasense recently completed a project to locate embedded utilities and determine pavement thickness for a three-mile section of road in Rhode Island. The project incorporated both vehicle and walking-based surveys using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR). As a result, no cores or ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views