More Articles for pavement thickness
How the use of stringless paving technology on the Utah I-15 Corridor Expansion Project saved time and money. By Tina Grady Barbaccia When placing concrete, staying within the determined lines is absolutely critical to achieving accurate pavement smoothness and thickness in the ...
Fatigue cracking usually links to inadequate road foundations By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Fatigue cracking in bituminous pavements is experienced by the public so often that it is considered just part of driving. Motorists endure it and assume it’s just part of ...
Infrasense recently completed a project to locate embedded utilities and determine pavement thickness for a three-mile section of road in Rhode Island. The project incorporated both vehicle and walking-based surveys using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR). As a result, no cores or ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2255 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1273 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project555 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority549 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans500 Views