More Articles for pavement temperatures
Take care with liquid asphalt binder to avoid thermal crack failure Thermal cracking – also known as low temperature cracking – in bituminous pavements appears as a series of transverse cracks that extend across the pavement surface in response to cold ...
Solving the Riddle of RAP and Thermal Cracking By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in hot-, warm- and cold-mix asphalt is growing dramatically, as tests validate its use in ever-increasing quantities. But there are fears that higher quantities ...
- Worker killed while putting reflectors on road163 Views
- Poor roadways cost Connecticut drivers $4.2 billion annually133 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes120 Views
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee wants carbon tax to fund transportation infrastructure117 Views
- VIDEO: Fun with snowplowing 97 Views