More Articles for Oregon Department of Transportation
The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) is seeking vendors to run its Road Usage Charge program, AASHTO Journal reports. The voluntary pilot program, which uses a per-mile charge instead of the gas tax, is slated to begin July 1, 2015. The Oregon ...
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation’s (ARTBA-TDF) recognized three statewide programs as models of innovation at its ARTBA Young Executive Leadership Council in San Jose, California, this week. ARTBA presented the TransOvation Awards at the “Dr. J. ...
The Bridge as Bat Cave A sharp decline in bat numbers prompts Oregon’s Department of Transporation to build habitats into bridges. By Tina Grady Barbaccia Build a bridge, save a bat. That’s what the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) has done as part of ...
Constructing a bridge via Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) that uses lightweight fill material can involve what appears to be assembling giant building blocks. But these are made of polystyrene so contractors are working with huge plastic foam blocks. “They are literally ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong847 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views