More Articles for Oregon Department of Transportation
The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) is seeking vendors to run its Road Usage Charge program, AASHTO Journal reports. The voluntary pilot program, which uses a per-mile charge instead of the gas tax, is slated to begin July 1, 2015. The Oregon ...
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation’s (ARTBA-TDF) recognized three statewide programs as models of innovation at its ARTBA Young Executive Leadership Council in San Jose, California, this week. ARTBA presented the TransOvation Awards at the “Dr. J. ...
The Bridge as Bat Cave A sharp decline in bat numbers prompts Oregon’s Department of Transporation to build habitats into bridges. By Tina Grady Barbaccia Build a bridge, save a bat. That’s what the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) has done as part of ...
Constructing a bridge via Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) that uses lightweight fill material can involve what appears to be assembling giant building blocks. But these are made of polystyrene so contractors are working with huge plastic foam blocks. “They are literally ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2276 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1273 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority627 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles586 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project552 Views