More Articles for Oregon Department of Transportation
The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) is seeking vendors to run its Road Usage Charge program, AASHTO Journal reports. The voluntary pilot program, which uses a per-mile charge instead of the gas tax, is slated to begin July 1, 2015. The Oregon ...
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation’s (ARTBA-TDF) recognized three statewide programs as models of innovation at its ARTBA Young Executive Leadership Council in San Jose, California, this week. ARTBA presented the TransOvation Awards at the “Dr. J. ...
The Bridge as Bat Cave A sharp decline in bat numbers prompts Oregon’s Department of Transporation to build habitats into bridges. By Tina Grady Barbaccia Build a bridge, save a bat. That’s what the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) has done as part of ...
Constructing a bridge via Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) that uses lightweight fill material can involve what appears to be assembling giant building blocks. But these are made of polystyrene so contractors are working with huge plastic foam blocks. “They are literally ...
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2154 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1323 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...904 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house567 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones545 Views