More Articles for Office of the Secretary
The federal government shut down at 12:01 a.m., and today 18,481 U.S. Department of Transportation employees aren’t at work because of the shutdown. Obviously, the furloughs are affecting federally-funded programs, with many operations shutting down until the government is back to ...
Better Roads reported Friday that the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) would remain operational if the federal government shuts down Tuesday. However, if a government shutdown occurs, about one in three USDOT employees would face furloughs. According to a plan released Friday ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts401 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system96 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views
- President Obama calls America's transportation infrastructure 'embarrassing'81 Views