More Articles for Oberstar
The U.S. Department of Transportation headquarters could bear a new name if on congressman’s efforts prove fruitful. Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-Ill.) has introduced legislation that would name the building after Jim Oberstar, the former Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman who died ...
Former Rep. Jim Oberstar (D-Minn.), a transportation advocate and expert, died in his sleep Friday night, Politico reports. Oberstar, Minnesota’s longest-serving congressman, chaired the House Transportation Committee for four years during his 18 terms in Congress, which spanned from 1975 to ...
Where’s the urgency? After the I-35W bridge fell into the Mississippi River in Minneapolis in August 2007, virtually everyone was jumping up and down about making sure our bridges were safe and no expense should be spared in getting the job ...
A NEW SERIES: ONE II ONE WITH SOME OF THE MOST INTERESTING PEOPLE IN THE BUSINESS Ray LaHood Talks to Editor In Chief John Latta America’s 16th Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood was a congressional staffer for 17 years and a member of ...
- Firearms to be used for road construction763 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events698 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes595 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines577 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up481 Views