More Articles for Oberstar
The U.S. Department of Transportation headquarters could bear a new name if on congressman’s efforts prove fruitful. Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-Ill.) has introduced legislation that would name the building after Jim Oberstar, the former Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman who died ...
Former Rep. Jim Oberstar (D-Minn.), a transportation advocate and expert, died in his sleep Friday night, Politico reports. Oberstar, Minnesota’s longest-serving congressman, chaired the House Transportation Committee for four years during his 18 terms in Congress, which spanned from 1975 to ...
Where’s the urgency? After the I-35W bridge fell into the Mississippi River in Minneapolis in August 2007, virtually everyone was jumping up and down about making sure our bridges were safe and no expense should be spared in getting the job ...
A NEW SERIES: ONE II ONE WITH SOME OF THE MOST INTERESTING PEOPLE IN THE BUSINESS Ray LaHood Talks to Editor In Chief John Latta America’s 16th Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood was a congressional staffer for 17 years and a member of ...
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards82 Views