More Articles for Nick Rahall
Democrats in the House of Representatives have introduced a bill that would allow $5.5 billion to be spent on bridge repairs in the United States, according to a report from The Hill. The bill, known as the Strengthen and Fortify Existing ...
Ranking member of the House Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) committee and West Virginia veteran Congressman Nick Rahall (D-WV) believes reauthorization in 2014 will be a far different process than the contentious and almost-failed MAP-21 work of 2012. Speaking to the Transportation ...
Since a gas tax seems to be an unlikely source of transportation funding, some legislators are looking to oil. In fact, Speaker John Boehner has called revenues for infrastructure improvements via oil and gas drilling expansions a “natural link,” according to ...
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes613 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts543 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse498 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers166 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins72 Views