More Articles for NHTSA Administrator David Strickland
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Administrator David Strickland said at a congressional meeting Wednesday that the agency is considering automatic braking as a requirement in vehicles, Automotive News reported. Automatic braking systems use cameras or radars to detect surrounding objects ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood on June 7 released a “Blueprint for Ending Distracted Driving” that offers a comprehensive strategy to address the growing and dangerous practice of using handheld cell phones behind the wheel. The plan outlines concrete steps stakeholders ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood took a firsthand look at “connected vehicle” technologies that have the potential to improve safety and help drivers avert crashes as part of a research clinic hosted by the Department of Transportation at Walt Disney ...
The U.S. Department of Transportation is donating a number of “Vince and Larry” crash-test dummy costumes and related auto safety items to the Smithsonian Institution. These objects now become part of the permanent collection of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident998 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse623 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side568 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles425 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views