More Articles for NHTSA Administrator David Strickland
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Administrator David Strickland said at a congressional meeting Wednesday that the agency is considering automatic braking as a requirement in vehicles, Automotive News reported. Automatic braking systems use cameras or radars to detect surrounding objects ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood on June 7 released a “Blueprint for Ending Distracted Driving” that offers a comprehensive strategy to address the growing and dangerous practice of using handheld cell phones behind the wheel. The plan outlines concrete steps stakeholders ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood took a firsthand look at “connected vehicle” technologies that have the potential to improve safety and help drivers avert crashes as part of a research clinic hosted by the Department of Transportation at Walt Disney ...
The U.S. Department of Transportation is donating a number of “Vince and Larry” crash-test dummy costumes and related auto safety items to the Smithsonian Institution. These objects now become part of the permanent collection of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American ...
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes620 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse498 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers178 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins73 Views