More Articles for New York state
Nearly half of New York's locally maintained roads are in need of rehabilitation, preservation or reconstruction, according to the latest TRIP report. Almost one-third of the state's locally maintained bridges are deficient and in need of corrective maintenance or rehabilitation. Unfortunately, ...
New York Transportation Commissioner McDonald: Transportation is ‘sustainability issue,’ ‘economic development issue’
What is the best way to get people interested in transportation infrastructure? New York Transportation Commissioner Joan McDonald says the answer lies in showing them transportation is about more than just transportation. During a forum on congestion pricing, McDonald explained that getting ...
Want to text while driving in New York? Go right ahead – just make sure you’re in one of the 91 designated texting zones. Motorists now have special "texting zones" along the New York State Thruway and State Highways, which provide ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes543 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse487 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views