More Articles for NCAT
Pennies DO matter! In a recent conversation with Shane Buchanan, asphalt performance manager with Oldcastle Materials Group’s Asphalt Performance Team, about mix-design optimization, he told me how watching your pennies can save your operation millions. But it’s not about cutting corners to ...
Doing more with less and aggressively seeking new ways to stretch budget dollars are how many businesses respond to a tough economic climate. Federal and state highway and transportation departments are no exceptions. Fortunately, academic research and equipment technology communities ...
Specifying agencies sometimes say that they limit the amount of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in asphalt mixes because these stockpiles are highly variable. Therefore, the agencies reason that allowing higher percentages of RAP could have a negative impact on the ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges381 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress232 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?186 Views