More Articles for NCAT Test Track
Where the Rubber Quiets the Road Creating mixtures for smoothness and low noise By Lauren Heartsill Dowdle Grinding, loud, uneven roads can leave drivers and their vehicles shaken up after a long ride. So it’s no surprise that road conditions are the public’s ...
One and One is One Two lifts can become a single, strong layer. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor With two-lift hot mix asphalt paving, it’s a case of 1+1=1. As more durable hot mix asphalt pavement designs are explored in the United States, two-lift ...
by Daniel Brown, Contributing Editor With workability, environmental benefits and solid performance reports,Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement — RAP — is becoming a bigger part of the mix. It’s a trend that’s sweeping the nation: using more reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in hot-mix asphalt. ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2265 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority618 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles575 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views