More Articles for NCAT Test Track
Where the Rubber Quiets the Road Creating mixtures for smoothness and low noise By Lauren Heartsill Dowdle Grinding, loud, uneven roads can leave drivers and their vehicles shaken up after a long ride. So it’s no surprise that road conditions are the public’s ...
One and One is One Two lifts can become a single, strong layer. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor With two-lift hot mix asphalt paving, it’s a case of 1+1=1. As more durable hot mix asphalt pavement designs are explored in the United States, two-lift ...
by Daniel Brown, Contributing Editor With workability, environmental benefits and solid performance reports,Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement — RAP — is becoming a bigger part of the mix. It’s a trend that’s sweeping the nation: using more reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in hot-mix asphalt. ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?494 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group317 Views
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series281 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines166 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views