More Articles for National Concrete Pavement Technology Center at Iowa State University
Pre-Measure Your Carbon Footprint Calculators help predict the environmental impact of roadbuilding projects By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor New tools keep appearing to help the highway, road and bridge community determine the environmental impact of the infrastructure they design and build. Last month we ...
Spurred forward by some brave new thinking, the concrete pavement industry is working toward thinner concrete overlays these days – down to 3 inches, even 2 inches. Some Iowa counties have paved a lot of miles of 4-inch overlays that have ...
Hot, Cold and Green (and the 3Es) In-place pavement recycling meets a variety of needs. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Green construction now is the No. 1 theme in roadbuilding, and hot-in-place pavement recycling (HIR) and cold-in-place pavement recycling (CIR) have taken on the ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1004 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles658 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse643 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side576 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views