More Articles for National Bridge Inspection Standards
Mapping MAP-21’s Reforms By John Latta MAP-21, our brand-new surface transportation legislation, includes several significant changes to the review and approval process for transportation projects, all of which have the potential to change, and hopefully benefit the way agencies and contractors work. ...
Bridge Climbing Engineers on ropes doing specialized structural inspections By Tina Grady Barbaccia Bridges that were once inaccessible by traditional methods can now be thoroughly inspected by engineers climbing and rappelling down the structures.When the floodgates of a large dam in Folsom, Calif., ...
Bridge Work Top FHWA bridge engineer looks at today’s and tomorrow’s bridges. By John Latta America’s bridges are safe. T hat’s the core message in an overview of those bridges from Tom Everett, P.E., the Federal Highway Administration’s principal bridge engineer and bridge programs team ...
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency536 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill391 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs387 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update314 Views