More Articles for nanotechnology
A Concrete Solution: Admixtures Change PCC Performance By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Portland cement concrete (PCC) is the most widely used structural material in transportation infrastructure, and it’s widely used for pavements as well. But the control of freshly mixed PCC properties is ...
The Greening of America's Highways Words like sustainability, carbon footprint and environmental stewardship have dominated the construction industry for the past half-decade, driving some highway engineers to protest the buzz and beg their information sources to go back to covering advances ...
It's a Small, Smart World Nanotech era draws closer By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Nanotechnology offers long-term promise to boost performance of our highway, road and bridge infrastructure. New research is expanding and new applications are materializing. More recently, the long-term environmental impacts ...
Get smart New technology bringing new standards to measuring bridge conditions By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor "Smart” bridges are on the way for road agencies burdened with the responsibility of monitoring bridge conditions. Not-so-old technologies like ground penetrating radar (GPR), acoustic emissions testing and ...
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving384 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice340 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill328 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness293 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options285 Views