More Articles for MEPDG
The goal is performance over time Design durable roads and you are designing them “not to fail.” A variety of tools now exists that civil engineers can use to design pavements that will stand up to traffic and the elements, optimizing long-term ...
Fatigue cracking usually links to inadequate road foundations By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Fatigue cracking in bituminous pavements is experienced by the public so often that it is considered just part of driving. Motorists endure it and assume it’s just part of ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident930 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?563 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds558 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side511 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes454 Views