More Articles for Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design Guide (MEPDG)
Take care with liquid asphalt binder to avoid thermal crack failure Thermal cracking – also known as low temperature cracking – in bituminous pavements appears as a series of transverse cracks that extend across the pavement surface in response to cold ...
What About Overlays? Agencies looking for dollar value balanced with road quality are looking at concrete overlays By Daniel C. Brown More than ever before, state departments of transportation (DOTs) and other roadbuilding agencies are choosing concrete overlays as a way to rehabilitate ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident965 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side541 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?505 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes439 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005361 Views