More Articles for Malcolm Swanson
By Daniel C. Brown Correctly running recycled asphalt shingles (RAS) and reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) at the same time can be a tricky business. The main economic advantage to doing so, of course, is that you replace expensive virgin binder with ...
Making high-RAP mixes -- an art and a science By Daniel C. Brown, Contributing Editor Many state transportation departments have saved tens of millions of dollars by using reclaimed asphalt pavement. RAP is worth the same as the virgin materials it replaces. ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts520 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse365 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system101 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views