More Articles for Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
Expanded clay lightweight aggregate used in chip seal surface treatments provided cost savings and a high friction score for Louisiana Highway 3147. (Photo: Big River Industries) Daily rains, high tides and south winds of hurricane caliber had taken their toll on ...
“Big Lift” is High Tech Construction Choreography By John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson A bridge section the size of a football field has been lifted into place above the Mississippi River in New Orleans. This demanding maneuver has been described ...
Inside alternate bidding Missouri Department of Transportation formula creates competition and saves money, too. By Daniel Brown, Contributing Editor This definitely keeps people on their toes,” says John Donahue, P.E., construction and materials liaison engineer with the Missouri DOT. “We are getting more ...
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)806 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects582 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D289 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign266 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says265 Views