More Articles for LEED
There's a choice of programs to use in rating sustainable roads By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The never-ending quest to define which pavements and highways can be considered “environmentally sustainable” has gotten a lot harder, just as it’s gotten easier. It’s gotten easier because ...
Jacobs Engineering Group, Pasadena, California, has won a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers contract to oversee Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design efforts in the Corps' Northwestern Division. The Corps expects Jacobs to seek the minimum of a LEED Silver rating ...
Green building is in, and that includes roads and streetscapes. But unlike building construction, which has the U.S. Building Council’s LEED rating system, the nation’s highway system doesn’t have a green rating system of its own. Highways, roads, and infrastructure projects are ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2230 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project540 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans491 Views
- How to protect roadworkers from hearing loss315 Views