More Articles for LEED
There's a choice of programs to use in rating sustainable roads By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The never-ending quest to define which pavements and highways can be considered “environmentally sustainable” has gotten a lot harder, just as it’s gotten easier. It’s gotten easier because ...
Jacobs Engineering Group, Pasadena, California, has won a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers contract to oversee Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design efforts in the Corps' Northwestern Division. The Corps expects Jacobs to seek the minimum of a LEED Silver rating ...
Green building is in, and that includes roads and streetscapes. But unlike building construction, which has the U.S. Building Council’s LEED rating system, the nation’s highway system doesn’t have a green rating system of its own. Highways, roads, and infrastructure projects are ...
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency491 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill391 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs342 Views
- AGC: Cars crashed into 45% of highway contractors' work zones in 2013250 Views