More Articles for LEED
There's a choice of programs to use in rating sustainable roads By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The never-ending quest to define which pavements and highways can be considered “environmentally sustainable” has gotten a lot harder, just as it’s gotten easier. It’s gotten easier because ...
Jacobs Engineering Group, Pasadena, California, has won a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers contract to oversee Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design efforts in the Corps' Northwestern Division. The Corps expects Jacobs to seek the minimum of a LEED Silver rating ...
Green building is in, and that includes roads and streetscapes. But unlike building construction, which has the U.S. Building Council’s LEED rating system, the nation’s highway system doesn’t have a green rating system of its own. Highways, roads, and infrastructure projects are ...
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving416 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill363 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice362 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness296 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options289 Views