More Articles for Kent Hansen
The Second Time Around Recycled materials need analysis, characterization By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor There is no stopping the growth of recycled and reclaimed materials in pavements. The use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP), reclaimed asphalt shingles (RAS), recycled concrete aggregate (RCA), and recycled ...
The Greening of America's Highways Words like sustainability, carbon footprint and environmental stewardship have dominated the construction industry for the past half-decade, driving some highway engineers to protest the buzz and beg their information sources to go back to covering advances ...
Do the Right Thin Thin asphalt overlays: Valuable versatility For a host of reasons, thin asphalt overlays are proving to be one of the most useful road treatments in the tool boxes of state and local transportation departments. Budget restraints have pressured ...
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views