More Articles for Kansas Department of Transportation
The incursion of warm-mix asphalt (WMA) into the nation’s bituminous pavements continues unabated. The latest National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)/Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) survey of asphalt producers’ use of recycled materials and warm-mix asphalt find that nearly a quarter of all ...
Getting Better all the Time America’s structurally deficient and functionally obsolete bridge count slowly, steadily falling By Tina Grady Barbaccia They aren’t numbers to throw a party for yet, but once again, the number of structurally deficient (SD) or functionally obsolete (FO) bridges ...
Rural America’s Vital Road Needs “Overlooked” By John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson Politicians and planners involved in “policy discussions” about future transportation funding and development are overlooking the people of rural America. So says John Horsley, executive director of ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident970 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side546 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?508 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse364 Views