More Articles for Iowa State University
When Iowa’s Jesup Bridge became a safety hazard, the local agency found a way to design and fund reconstruction of this important thoroughfare. The Jesup Bridge in Buchanan County, Iowa, has been a vital market link for farmers, growers and the ...
Previous Concrete Overlays: Wet-on-Dry Works A study three years in the making suggests bold new uses By Tina Grady Barbaccia In the recently-released three-year study, An Integrated Study of Pervious Concrete Mixture Design for Wearing Course Applications, mix designs and procedures for portland ...
Quiet Moves A war is being waged on noise generated by pavements and highways. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Today, highway noise is considered an undesirable emission, just as if it were a noxious gas out of the tailpipe. But road designs can ...
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2042 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1314 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1033 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...885 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones540 Views