More Articles for Iowa Department of Transportation
Concrete Repair 8 techniques for restoring concrete roads By Lauren Heartsill Dowdle Whether it’s patching a hairline crack or completely rebuilding an area with a crater-sized pothole, repairing concrete roads early on can minimize future damage and the time required for the job. The ...
By Daniel C. Brown, Contributing Editor An Iowa-based contractor has won 80 percent of the available bonus payments on a successful 18-mile, two-lane asphalt paving project near Grinnell, Iowa. Manatts ran this paver at about 28 feet per minute, which helped ...
Spurred forward by some brave new thinking, the concrete pavement industry is working toward thinner concrete overlays these days – down to 3 inches, even 2 inches. “D” Construction crews finish a freshly placed section of bonded concrete overlay on ...
Matt Dolan and Nathan Geil, both seasoned, Level 3 equipment operators with the City of West Des Moines, Iowa, presented, "Here’s The Keys, Call If You Need Anything, See You In 12 Hours" at the 2012 American Public Works Association ...
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)473 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports427 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign260 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says253 Views