More Articles for International Roughness Index (IRI)
How new technology is changing in the quest for smooth pavements Surveys consistently show that smoothness is the No. 1 criterion by which road users judge pavements. Other studies have found pavements that are built smooth stay smoother longer and provide ...
For the first time, pavement preservation is part of national surface transportation reauthorization legislation, which now explicitly supports preservation and asset management. Pavement preservation techniques are promoted as cost-effective and environmentally sustainable strategies designed to extend the life of existing pavements ...
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014568 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding434 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable328 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future322 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields272 Views