More Articles for In Court
Contractor’s appeal for $2.3 million denied because of improper claim The Spearin doctrine – which originates from the case United States v. Spearin – provides that contractors are not responsible for defective plans or specifications. Instead, the owner impliedly warrants the ...
. “Contracts for the execution of the works should be drawn with care and precision: Because, when without legal flaws, neither party will be able to take advantage of the other.” —Vitruvius, chief architect to Caesars Julius and Augustus Contract interpretation is ...
Dismissed! Contractor’s differing site conditions and delay claims proceed as government’s motion to dismiss denied In a recent court decision involving a contractor’s request for equitable adjustment and lawsuit regarding Type I and II differing site conditions and government-caused delays regarding adverse ...
Utility conflicts and relocation issues are common to most road construction projects. In urban areas, work can present increased risks with respect to utilities, including their location, avoidance, relocation and repair. Prior to construction, owners often undertake a preliminary design ...
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141336 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields329 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG261 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers261 Views
- Don’t mess with the toll roads; Virginia man racks up $250K bill231 Views