More Articles for Illinois Center For Transportation (ICT)
Thinner concrete for preserving pavements By Gerald F. Voigt, P.E., president and CEO, American Concrete Pavement Association, Rosemont, Illinois Concrete overlays are getting thin enough today that they are becoming an option for preserving pavements. Through advances in science and technology, concrete ...
The Illinois Tollway Board of Directors has approved a three-year intergovernmental agreement with the Illinois Center for Transportation (ICT) at the University of Illinois at Champaign/Urbana to study ways to reduce construction and maintenance costs and extend the life span ...
What About Overlays? Agencies looking for dollar value balanced with road quality are looking at concrete overlays By Daniel C. Brown More than ever before, state departments of transportation (DOTs) and other roadbuilding agencies are choosing concrete overlays as a way to rehabilitate ...
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths730 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers593 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road524 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines509 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus380 Views