More Articles for hydroplaning
‘Bio-Binder’ Green Modifiers Star at TRB By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The emerging universe of biologically based modified asphalts got significant exposure at the 92nd annual meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) in Washington, D.C. Better Roads was there. More than 11,700 ...
Whispering Asphalt OGFCs cut spray and can be very, very quiet. For several years, a number of states have placed open-graded friction courses (OGFCs) as a wearing course on their high-volume, high-speed roadways. An OGFC is a thin, permeable mix with high air ...
Quiet Moves A war is being waged on noise generated by pavements and highways. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Today, highway noise is considered an undesirable emission, just as if it were a noxious gas out of the tailpipe. But road designs can ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]922 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong878 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker335 Views