More Articles for hydroplaning
‘Bio-Binder’ Green Modifiers Star at TRB By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The emerging universe of biologically based modified asphalts got significant exposure at the 92nd annual meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) in Washington, D.C. Better Roads was there. More than 11,700 ...
Whispering Asphalt OGFCs cut spray and can be very, very quiet. For several years, a number of states have placed open-graded friction courses (OGFCs) as a wearing course on their high-volume, high-speed roadways. An OGFC is a thin, permeable mix with high air ...
Quiet Moves A war is being waged on noise generated by pavements and highways. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Today, highway noise is considered an undesirable emission, just as if it were a noxious gas out of the tailpipe. But road designs can ...
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes620 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse498 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers178 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins73 Views