More Articles for hydroplaning
‘Bio-Binder’ Green Modifiers Star at TRB By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The emerging universe of biologically based modified asphalts got significant exposure at the 92nd annual meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) in Washington, D.C. Better Roads was there. More than 11,700 ...
Whispering Asphalt OGFCs cut spray and can be very, very quiet. For several years, a number of states have placed open-graded friction courses (OGFCs) as a wearing course on their high-volume, high-speed roadways. An OGFC is a thin, permeable mix with high air ...
Quiet Moves A war is being waged on noise generated by pavements and highways. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Today, highway noise is considered an undesirable emission, just as if it were a noxious gas out of the tailpipe. But road designs can ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident976 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles907 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse709 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side569 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views