More Articles for hydroplaning
‘Bio-Binder’ Green Modifiers Star at TRB By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The emerging universe of biologically based modified asphalts got significant exposure at the 92nd annual meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) in Washington, D.C. Better Roads was there. More than 11,700 ...
Whispering Asphalt OGFCs cut spray and can be very, very quiet. For several years, a number of states have placed open-graded friction courses (OGFCs) as a wearing course on their high-volume, high-speed roadways. An OGFC is a thin, permeable mix with high air ...
Quiet Moves A war is being waged on noise generated by pavements and highways. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Today, highway noise is considered an undesirable emission, just as if it were a noxious gas out of the tailpipe. But road designs can ...
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding606 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable476 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future346 Views
- Ohio law leaves motorists in the cold296 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers251 Views