More Articles for HOT lanes
It appears some road planners in the Seattle area assumed that drivers would be willing to pay their way out of congestion. It appears that this is not so. A pilot project was designed for high occupancy toll (HOT) lanes at State ...
HOT Time in the Old Town Tonight ( … and early morning and late afternoon) Varying tolls to control congestion works. Sort of. Sometimes. Congestion pricing cuts congestion. It’s true. But it’s not an entirely complete statement, because there are factors that ...
Inside the highway and bridge industries By John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson Hey Washington! You’re out of touch and we don’t trust you. Most Americans think their transportation system is in bad shape. But they prefer tolls to an increased gas ...
HOT not HOV Tweaking old-fashioned busy lanes could smooth flow By John Latta Congestion on busy roads is not going anywhere; we’ll have it for a long time to come. But one measure used to combat it (and also fight back against high ...
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!120 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201393 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views