More Articles for HOT lanes
It appears some road planners in the Seattle area assumed that drivers would be willing to pay their way out of congestion. It appears that this is not so. A pilot project was designed for high occupancy toll (HOT) lanes at State ...
HOT Time in the Old Town Tonight ( … and early morning and late afternoon) Varying tolls to control congestion works. Sort of. Sometimes. Congestion pricing cuts congestion. It’s true. But it’s not an entirely complete statement, because there are factors that ...
Inside the highway and bridge industries By John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson Hey Washington! You’re out of touch and we don’t trust you. Most Americans think their transportation system is in bad shape. But they prefer tolls to an increased gas ...
HOT not HOV Tweaking old-fashioned busy lanes could smooth flow By John Latta Congestion on busy roads is not going anywhere; we’ll have it for a long time to come. But one measure used to combat it (and also fight back against high ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2261 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1277 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority604 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles542 Views