More Articles for HOT lanes
It appears some road planners in the Seattle area assumed that drivers would be willing to pay their way out of congestion. It appears that this is not so. A pilot project was designed for high occupancy toll (HOT) lanes at State ...
HOT Time in the Old Town Tonight ( … and early morning and late afternoon) Varying tolls to control congestion works. Sort of. Sometimes. Congestion pricing cuts congestion. It’s true. But it’s not an entirely complete statement, because there are factors that ...
Inside the highway and bridge industries By John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson Hey Washington! You’re out of touch and we don’t trust you. Most Americans think their transportation system is in bad shape. But they prefer tolls to an increased gas ...
HOT not HOV Tweaking old-fashioned busy lanes could smooth flow By John Latta Congestion on busy roads is not going anywhere; we’ll have it for a long time to come. But one measure used to combat it (and also fight back against high ...
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion223 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax219 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues112 Views