More Articles for ground penetrating radar (GPR)
Infrasense recently completed a project to locate embedded utilities and determine pavement thickness for a three-mile section of road in Rhode Island. The project incorporated both vehicle and walking-based surveys using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR). As a result, no cores or ...
Preserving the Unpaved Road ‘Gravel,’ stone-surfaced and dirt road preservation helped by new techniques, guidelines, RAP By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor If you don’t drive them often, it’s easy to overlook unpaved roads. After all, they carry significantly less traffic than rigid or ...
Get smart New technology bringing new standards to measuring bridge conditions By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor "Smart” bridges are on the way for road agencies burdened with the responsibility of monitoring bridge conditions. Not-so-old technologies like ground penetrating radar (GPR), acoustic emissions testing and ...
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1274 Views
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1044 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1014 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...824 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones527 Views