More Articles for Great Recession
By Kirk Landers, Editor Emeritus A year ago, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) raised eyebrows in the road industry with a report showing traffic fatalities in the United States rose a tad more than 3 percent in 2012 after ...
Good Results in Bad Times Pavement preservation expert Larry Galehouse talks about tools and strategies that make sense for surviving the Great Recession By Kirk Landers "In times like these, the pavement manager’s most basic strategy is to keep sound pavements sound and ...
Playing The Cards You’re Dealt (when they’re not very good) How some city road managers cope with diminishing budgets By Kirk Landers With Stimulus money slowing to a trickle and local tax revenues still sagging, Better Roads interviewed a cross-section of city road managers ...
FHWA head sees a year of thinking big, dreaming big and change. By John Latta The lights are off in Victor Mendez’s office. He likes it that way. It is a blustery, freezing but clear day shortly before Christmas in D.C. and ...
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2042 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1314 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1033 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...885 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones540 Views