More Articles for Great Recession
By Kirk Landers, Editor Emeritus A year ago, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) raised eyebrows in the road industry with a report showing traffic fatalities in the United States rose a tad more than 3 percent in 2012 after ...
Good Results in Bad Times Pavement preservation expert Larry Galehouse talks about tools and strategies that make sense for surviving the Great Recession By Kirk Landers "In times like these, the pavement manager’s most basic strategy is to keep sound pavements sound and ...
Playing The Cards You’re Dealt (when they’re not very good) How some city road managers cope with diminishing budgets By Kirk Landers With Stimulus money slowing to a trickle and local tax revenues still sagging, Better Roads interviewed a cross-section of city road managers ...
FHWA head sees a year of thinking big, dreaming big and change. By John Latta The lights are off in Victor Mendez’s office. He likes it that way. It is a blustery, freezing but clear day shortly before Christmas in D.C. and ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident947 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?569 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds562 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side529 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes457 Views