More Articles for gravel
Normally, when a gravel road starts seeing a lot of traffic, it earns enough street cred to be upgraded to asphalt. But Texas has this process a little backward. Instead of repairing an asphalt road in parts of South and West ...
The Texas Department of Transportation has put on hold a plan to convert some rural asphalt roads to gravel, according to a report from The San Antonio Express-News. Senator Carlos Uresti (D-Texas) said Tuesday that TxDOT officials decided on a 60-day ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
Ever since the invention of the automobile, paved roads have meant progress. Now some cash-strapped towns and counties are finding progress too expensive, and they are tearing up battered roads and putting down gravel. The high price of pavement and the ...
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding557 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable413 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future340 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views