More Articles for gravel
Normally, when a gravel road starts seeing a lot of traffic, it earns enough street cred to be upgraded to asphalt. But Texas has this process a little backward. Instead of repairing an asphalt road in parts of South and West ...
The Texas Department of Transportation has put on hold a plan to convert some rural asphalt roads to gravel, according to a report from The San Antonio Express-News. Senator Carlos Uresti (D-Texas) said Tuesday that TxDOT officials decided on a 60-day ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
Ever since the invention of the automobile, paved roads have meant progress. Now some cash-strapped towns and counties are finding progress too expensive, and they are tearing up battered roads and putting down gravel. The high price of pavement and the ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1008 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles879 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse700 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side580 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005341 Views