More Articles for Government Accountability Office
States used just under six percent of the contract authority received on construction projects to build new roads or bridges, according to a detailed breakdown of 2013 federal highway funding obligations by the Government Accountability Office. The largest portion of the federal-aid went into ...
Manufacturers may soon be required to include vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) technology in all new cars. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) officials are working to decide whether the technology should be a requirement to help prevent car crashes, ABC News reports. The report ...
Whither the HTF? By John Latta The “donor” or “donee” debate still ignites controversy when it comes to the Highway Trust Fund. Did your state ‘donate” (give more in fuel and other highway user taxes and fees) to Washington than it got ...
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) has been successful in having a mandatory project labor agreement removed from the bidding process for the construction of an Armed Forces Reserve center in Camden, N. J. In response to a bid protest filed with ...
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier255 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative120 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views