More Articles for geotechnical engineering
The Illinois Tollway is looking to award 19 contracts worth about $100 million to provide design, construction management, geotechnical and materials engineering services for the agency’s 15-year, $12 billion capital program Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future, the ...
"Differing site conditions" ... not always an obvious call By Brian Morrow The uncertainty that contractors face regarding unknown subsurface conditions can be their greatest risk. This type of risk is inherent on most road and heavy construction projects, commonly because testing ...
Contractor’s Differing Site Condition Claim Denied Because Soils Reports Indicated Difficult Soils (For a downloadable PDF of this "In Court," click here.) The uncertainty that contractors face regarding unknown subsurface conditions is the contractor’s greatest risk. This type of risk is inherent ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident988 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse558 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side555 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?513 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views