More Articles for geotechnical engineering
The Illinois Tollway is looking to award 19 contracts worth about $100 million to provide design, construction management, geotechnical and materials engineering services for the agency’s 15-year, $12 billion capital program Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future, the ...
"Differing site conditions" ... not always an obvious call By Brian Morrow The uncertainty that contractors face regarding unknown subsurface conditions can be their greatest risk. This type of risk is inherent on most road and heavy construction projects, commonly because testing ...
Contractor’s Differing Site Condition Claim Denied Because Soils Reports Indicated Difficult Soils (For a downloadable PDF of this "In Court," click here.) The uncertainty that contractors face regarding unknown subsurface conditions is the contractor’s greatest risk. This type of risk is inherent ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2265 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority619 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles576 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views